Friday, January 21, 2011

Sweet prayer and night-night


I just wanted to share what a sweet girl Alahna is!

Now that she is sleeping in a toddler bed, my favorite time of day is snuggling up in her bed and reading her stories before bed. After the second or third book we always take a break to say our nightly prayer. I just made up a really simple prayer for her to be thankful to God for our family. It goes, Thank you God, Thank you for mama, Thank you for dada, Thank you for Alahna and Thank you for our new baby, Amen. Now that she is getting older and can contribute I've been asking her what she wants to thank God for. It's so fun to hear what she comes up with every night. Most of the time she just looks around her room and says something, but sometimes she really shocks me. After we told her about the baby and I started showing, she said "for the baby" for about 3 or 4 nights straight. So sweet. She has also thanked God for various things like sleep, pillow, Elmo, horsey, Hillary (our neighbor- her best friend's mom), the ABCs, potty. I need to start writing down what she says everynight. It will be a fun thing to look back on.

Tonight she amazed me even more. She wanted to get out of bed to go potty (yep we are in the midst of potty training...ahhh...going fairly well, hoping to have a short break from diapers before the baby comes). I decided to hold her and sing a song that I used to sing everynight when she was a baby before I put her down (until she started sleeping in the big girl bed). She actually remembered the words and sang with me!!! So cute. It seriously melted my heart.
It goes like this:
Good night, sleep tight
Mama loves you sweet baby
Yes I do, I love you
and you are my sweet baby
Sent from God, up above
in to my arms tonight
She hummed along and then chimed in with the last word of each verse. What a sweet heart. I can't even imagine loving another child as much as I love her. We are so excited to see how God spreads the same love for more children! Getting pumped up for "cheating" this time around and finding out the sex at our next ultrasound. Only 4 more weeks!!! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment