Sunday, March 28, 2010

Baptism

Today I got baptized as an adult!! Baptism literally means immersion. Our pastor put it very clearly by stating that it is a "watery grave", that once you are immersed publically proclaiming your life for Christ, that you are reborn into a new and everlasting life. I have been a Christian for many years, but have never made this public profession as an adult. It was fun to proclaim Christ fully in charge of my life in front of others. I have always been intimated to share my faith with others. Before the baptism, we had video tape interviews on what your life was like before Christ, how your life has changed since you decided to follow Christ and what baptism means to you. This was very anxiety provoking for me, but I made it through and hope that God uses my words to speak to others next year that are concidering baptism. Eric was able to help baptize me along with our pastor. That was special because Eric and I actually met through mutual friends at church. I'm sure he enjoyed being "allowed" to dunk me! We have both grown from the college "sunday morning Christians" to knowing how rich our lives have been blessed by God and working toward the "everyday Christian". With each struggle in my life, I am more and more reminded on how important it is to give my life up to God and fully trust His plan. Before I was a parent, I didn't know the capacity I had to love another human being. I can't even begin to describe how much I love Alahna. To know that God has that same love for all of us is so amazing. Praise God for all His love and blessings in my life!

And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice-the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.
Romans 12:1

Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinte value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him.
Philippians 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment