Monday, February 22, 2010

Dr. Sullivan aka Mommy Higginson


Wow, it has almost officially been a year since I went back to "work"! I can't even begin to explain the challenges of pursuing my medical degree and specialty while being a mother and wife. I try to break my day into two each day and focus as wholeheartedly on each aspect of the day as I can. Although being a doctor and a mom can be seen as two very different jobs, I actually can appreciate many similarities. Both require a lot of patience, compassion, energy, dedication, and endurance to name a few. The newest reward when I get home and transform into Mommy Higginson is that Alahna claps and dances when she sees me walk in the door! It's so overwelming that I wouldn't change my life for anything. Being a mom keeps me sane and allows me to remember that there is so much more to life than the daily turmoils of residency. I do have to pay a major tribute to my loving and devoted husband. I can't forget my third role, wife! (PS all these roles are by far not in order of importance, just chronological throughout my days!). Eric is such an amazing dad and has endured the toddler mood swings, energy level, crazy hours of internship, and a constantly sleep deprived wife like a pro. We are currently reading Song of Songs together and are starting a bible study every other week. I look forward to this time together as a couple to deepen our relationship. It's unfortunate that I have to "schedule" time to spend together, but honestly it's been the best thing for our relationship. Thank you to all of you for your continued support through this difficult portion of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment